James M. Reid to Speak at Upcoming Seminars
Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University
Date: June 14, 2017
Time: 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Location: James L. Allen Center, 2169 Campus Dr, Evanston, IL – Barr Forum
Audience: Approximately 50 Executive MBA students, approaching graduation. Age 30-50, average work experience 15 years.
Topic: HR and Employment Law.
Michigan Association of United Ways – 2017 Annual Meeting
Dates: June 21, 2017 – June 23, 2017 - James Reid to speak on 6/23 from 10:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Location: Crystal Mountain Resort & Spa, 12500 Crystal Mountain Drive, Thompsonville, MI 49683
- What to include in your handbook
- What not to include in your handbook
- Essential topics and policies (dress code, onboarding, etc)
- Legal guidelines
- Helpful tips and tricks
- Train employers and managers to reduce liability
- Teach new policy trends (Affordable Care Act, National Labor Relations Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, social media, iPad communications, owner of LinkedIn account contacts)
- Identify strategies to draft, update and enforce appropriate written handbook policies
Details and Registration: http://www.uwmich.org/events/2017/6/21/2017-annual-meeting
Top 10 Mistakes Employers Make
MISHRM Conference & Exposition 2017
Date: June 28, 2017
Time: 11:30 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
Location: Flemings Steakhouse, 17400 Haggerty Road, Livonia, Michigan
Date: October 11-13, 2017
Location: DeVos Place, Grand Rapids, Michigan
The largest HR conference in Michigan, hosting 900-1,100 HR professionals from across the state.
Michigan Statewide Conference for Payroll Professionals
Date: October 19-20, 2017
Location: Firekeepers Hotel & Casino, 11177 E. Michigan Avenue, Battle Creek, MI 49014
Theme: Mardi Gras “Unmask Your Payroll Potential!”
Details and registration: http://westmichiganapa.org
Previous 2017 Speaking Engagements
Ask Us: Business Driven HR Best Practices for Employee Retention and Exits
Date: Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 7:30-9:00 a.m.
Location: QuadWest Associates, LLC, 3290 W. Big Beaver Road, Ste 195, Troy, MI 48084
• Evaluating workforce to determine business needs
• Motivating staff by making them feel valued
• Resolving concerns identified through complaints and internal audits
• Avoiding and being aware of any “smoking gun”
• Understanding costs associated with replacing employees
• Complying with legal requirements and HR rules related to exiting employees
• Susan E. West, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, QuadWest Associates’ President and Founder
• James M. Reid, IV, Equity Shareholder, Maddin Hauser Roth & Heller, PC
• Kaitlin A. Brown, Associate Attorney, Maddin Hauser Roth & Heller, PC
Recertification: Valid for 1.5 PDCs toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification
Benefits Compliance & Strategy for The HR Superhero Interactive seminar organized into three sessions designed to empower HR to support broader business objectives like corporate compliance, financial efficiency and workforce satisfaction:Valid for 3 HRCI creditsValid for 3 PDCs toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertificationRegistration: http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07edsoqfvma9b92f38&llr=dtb5mevab
Date: 5/11/2017 - 11:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Location: Plum Hollow Country Club, 21631 Lahser Rd, Southfield, MI 48033
Navigating Employment Landmines and Anticipated Changes Under Trump Administration
Date: 5/17/2017 - 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Location: The Capital Grille, 2800 W Big Beaver Rd, Troy Ml 48084
Valid for 1 PDC toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification
Michigan HR Day 2017: Connecting HR Leaders, Professionals and Resources
Location: Lansing Center, 333 E. Michigan Avenue, Lansing, MI 48933
James Reid Presenting:
The Top Ten Mistakes Employers Make That Lead To Significant Liability! . . . And How To Avoid Them 2:40 p.m. – 3:55 p.m.
Michigan HR Day is an opportunity for HR Professionals and Business Owners/Professionals, responsible for the HR function in Michigan, to exchange information, ideas, and experiences.
Trump's 60-Day Performance Review: The Impact on Your Business
Registration: Click here to register
Time: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EST
Overtime ruling and Trump’s regulatory freeze pending review, Immigration stance, ACA repeal and replace, Employment discrimination: increasing state and local ordinances, New initiatives, e.g., task force on advancement of women business leaders.
Learn about the legal and HR perspectives and how to respond. Seats are limited. Register today.
Valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM