Maddin Hauser is pleased to announce that 14 of its attorneys have been named to the 2018 Edition of Best Lawyers
®, the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession.
Of the 14, Harvey R. Heller, John E. Jacobs, Robert D. Kaplow, Kathleen H. Klaus, Richard J. Maddin, Richard F. Roth and Steven M. Wolock were recognized in multiple practice areas.
Additionally, Best Lawyers® has recognized Mark R. Hauser as the 2018 Detroit Real Estate Law "Lawyer of the Year" and Charles M. Lax as the 2018 Detroit Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law "Lawyer of the Year." Only a single lawyer in each practice area and community is honored with a "Lawyer of the Year" award.
Maddin Hauser’s 2018 Best Lawyers recipients, respective categories, and years honored, include:
- Stuart M. Bordman, Shareholder and Chairman of Franchise and Distribution Practice Group: Franchise Law (2013-2018)
- Mark R. Hauser, Firm Co-Founder, CFO and Executive Committee Member: Real Estate Law (1999-2018); Best Lawyers® 2018 Detroit Real Estate Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Harvey R. Heller, Shareholder, Executive Committee Member and Chairman of Defense and Insurance Coverage Practice Group: Insurance Law and Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants (2003-2018); Best Lawyers® 2015 Detroit Insurance Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- John E. Jacobs, Shareholder: Corporate Law and Real Estate Law (2009-2018)
- Robert D. Kaplow, Shareholder: Tax Law and Trusts and Estates Law (2013-2018)
- Kathleen H. Klaus, Shareholder: Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants; and Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants (2013-2018)
- Charles M. Lax, Shareholder: Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law (2006-2018); Best Lawyers® 2011, 2016 and 2018 Detroit Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Michael W. Maddin, Founder, President Emeritus and Executive Committee Member: Real Estate Law (2003-2018)
- Richard J. Maddin, Of Counsel: Construction Law; Land Use & Zoning Law; Litigation –Construction; Litigation - Land Use and Zoning; Litigation - Real Estate; and Real Estate Law (2008-2018); Best Lawyers® 2013 Detroit Litigation - Land Use and Zoning “Lawyer of the Year”
- Julie Chenot Mayer, Shareholder: Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants (2015-2018)
- Richard F. Roth, Shareholder: Real Estate Law and Trusts and Estates Law (2013-2018)
- Steven D. Sallen, President, CEO, Executive Committee Member, and Co-Chairman of Real Estate Practice Group: Real Estate Law (2010-2018)
- Ronald A. Sollish, Shareholder, Executive Committee Member and Chairman of Corporate/Employment Practice Group: Employment Law — Individuals (2013-2018)
- Steven M. Wolock, Shareholder: Legal Malpractice Law – Defendants; Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants (2008-2018)
Best Lawyers® has published its list for over three decades, earning the respect of the profession, the media, and the public as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals. Its first international list was published in 2006 and since then has grown to provide lists in over 70 countries.
Lawyers on the Best Lawyers in America list are divided by geographic region and practice areas. They are reviewed by their peers on the basis of professional expertise, and undergo an authentication process to make sure they are in current practice and in good standing.
Read the press articles: