Co-Chair of Maddin Hauser's Corporate/Employment Practice Group.
Specializing in social media law and early preventative resolution
Social media law is very complex. It involves a lot of overlapping laws.
- Freedom of speech
- Section 7 rights under the National Labor Relations Act
- Duties of confidentiality
- Duties of maintaining privacy
- Violating someone’s likeness and image
- Violation of disparagement laws
It also includes duties to make sure you’re not having an unconscious bias. Employers need to make sure they’re not taking someone’s race, national origin, religion, marital status, or whether they have kids into account in any employment decisions.