The attorneys within the firm's lending and finance practice group have a reputation for not only meeting, but consistently exceeding the needs and expectations of our lending and finance clients. Maddin Hauser represents local and national lending institutions, private lenders, businesses, developers and investors requiring lending and finance services. Its collective experience of representing both lenders and borrowers provides the firm with not only the vision, but the unique ability to never lose sight of the ultimate goal; to get the loan transaction closed as efficiently and economically as possible.
The lending and finance practice group attorneys practice in multiple facets of lending and finance law. These areas of practice include, but are not limited to: acquisitions, commercial lending, bank litigation, leveraged leasing, and loan workout. Whether representing a lender or a borrower in a straightforward acquisition, development or construction loan; or a borrower in the negotiation of end and/or conduit financing for a project, it prides itself in providing clients with timely and practical results.
Members of the lending and finance group work closely with other transactional attorneys in the firm to provide a wide range of services for clients. The group also works closely with the litigation group, in an attempt to identify and proactively resolve any potential litigation issues before they arise.
The lending and finance group also represents residential mortgage companies doing business throughout the United States. It advises those companies on compliance with federal and state law, licensing, employment arrangements, joint ventures, affiliated business arrangements, agreements with investors and warehouse lines of credit. The firm has also been instrumental in drafting and negotiating legislation that licenses and regulates mortgage companies in the State of Michigan and regulates the origination of mortgage loans in this State.
The services provided by the lending and finance practice group include the following:
- Advise and counsel clients on the suggested form and structure of proposed loan transactions
- Construction loans
- Counsel clients on the suitability of rate management transactions such as forward rate swaps
- Document and negotiate commercial real estate mortgage loans, including end loans, conduit loans and permanent financing
- Land development loans
- SBA Section 504 lending
- Secured and unsecured commercial loans
- Share loans
- Standby letters of credit
Maddin Hauser also represents lenders in loan restructuring and workouts with troubled loans. Its services include:
- Discussion and analysis of proposed exit strategies for lenders
- Drafting and negotiation of forbearance agreements and related documentation
- Review and analysis of existing loan documents to identify any priority and perfection issues related to the collateral