Thirty-Second Annual Tax Symposium Materials and Video Presentations
November 11, 2023
8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Four CPE credits will be available to CPAs who are eligible.
This year’s Symposium will be presented virtually. Webinar details will be provided to participants prior to the event.
A Client Asked Me About Preparing a Federal Estate Tax Return. Pshaw! How Hard Can That Be?
Geoffrey N. Taylor
- Must a return be prepared?
- Should a return be prepared?
- How is a return prepared?
Preparing for the Corporate Transparency Act Regulations
Jordan M. Small
- Who is required to report, and when?
- Conducting an analysis of reporting obligations under the new regulations
- Preparing your clients for the CTA
Forms Which Must Be Prepared by Accountant in Connection With:
Stuart M. Bordman
- Business start up
- Asset sale
- Liquidation and dissolution
Roundup of Recent Tax Developments
William E. Sigler
- New Laws, Cases and Rulings
- Hot Topics and Pending Legislation
- Practice Pointers
Pulling the Cap Off of Uncapping Events
Andrew M. Harris
- A brief overview of Proposal A tax law in Michigan
- How to identify “Uncapping” Events under Proposal A, with a special emphasis on recent trends involving municipalities sending letters informing businesses of unforeseen “Uncapping” Events
- How to avoid these recent “Uncapping” Events
Past Death’s Door – Post Mortem Tax Planning
Robert D. Kaplow
- Tax elections
- Timing of Funding and Distributions
Hot Topics in ERC’s: IRS Guidance and Moratoria
Jordan B. Segal
- IRS guidance and its oversight of ERC vendors
- How to identify the reputable ERC vendors
- Practical effects of IRS moratorium on processing
Noncompete Agreements in Business Transactions
Rita M. Lauer
- The purpose of a Non-Compete Clause
- Is a Non-Compete Clause viable and enforceable?
- Reporting the consideration for a Non-Compete on Form 8594
5 (of Many) Changes Included in SECURE 2.0 You Should be Aware of
Charles M. Lax
- What is SECURE 2.0?
- What are the key changes that your clients and you should be aware of?
- What new planning opportunities are now available?
Content provided is informational only and should not be considered legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is created based on the content of any Maddin Hauser materials.