Thirtieth Annual Tax Symposium Materials
November 13, 2021
8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Due to the COVID-19 Virus and our concern for the health of our participants and staff, this year’s Symposium will be presented virtually. Webinar details will be provided to participants prior to the event.
Simultaneous Sale and Redemption
Stuart M. Bordman
- Tax Benefit to Seller
- Benefits/Adverse Consequences to Purchaser
- Tax Consequences of IRC 311, Taxability of Corporation on Distribution
The Pandemic Workforce: Tax Implications of Perks Provided by Employers Enticing Top Talent
Kaitlin A. Brown
- Remote Work: The Out-of-State Conundrum
- Stipends and Shift Premiums: The Gifts that Come Back to Bite
- Increased Salaries: The Need for Payroll Audits Assessing Equitable Pay
Robert D. Kaplow
- Use of Donor Advised Funds
- Use of Private Foundations
- Problems to Avoid
Roundup of Recent Tax Developments
William E. Sigler
- New Laws, Cases, and Rulings
- Hot Topics and Pending Legislation
- Practice Pointers
Taxes from the Crypt(0): Issues in Taxation of Blockchain Coins and Tokens
Jordan B. Segal
- What is Crypto$?
- How is Crypto$ Taxed?
- Pending Legislation
Important Tips for the Accountant When Addressing Insolvency-Related Matters
Craig E. Zucker
- Transferring Real Estate and Other Assets – Implications and Exemptions
- Fraudulent Conveyances – Implications and Ramifications
- Preferences – Identifying, Tendering, Disgorgement
Just When I Thought I Knew All of the Estate Planning Acronyms, Along Comes the SLAT!
Geoffrey N. Taylor
- Spousal Lifetime Access Trusts are Currently Very Popular Given the Possible, And Potential Drastic Reduction in the Estate Tax Exemption
- Advantages Extend Beyond Using Exemption that May Go “Poof”
- Like with All Tax Planning, There are Limitations and Dangers
Is There Something Wrong with an Overfunded Pension Plan?
Charles M. Lax
- What’s an Overfunded Pension Plan?
- What’s the Problem with It?
- How Do You Fix It?