Fourteenth Annual Tax Symposium
October 29, 2005
- What Does Circular 230 Mean for Your Practice?
- What Steps are Necessary for Compliance?
- What is an Accuracy Related Penalty?
Ronald A. Sollish
- 2005 Amendments to the Michigan Employment Security Act
- Questionable Practices
- How to Manage an Audit
- Professional Risk
- Income Tax Consequences for the Plaintiff
- Deductibility of Payments for the Defendant
- Tax Consequences of Attorneys Fees
BREAKOUT SESSION A
- A Review of Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Prior to Code §409A
- An Analysis of the Changes Made by Code §409A
- Items to Review with Clients and Actions to Perform Going Forward
- What is a Roth 401(k)?
- Determining the Applicable Discrimination Testing
- A Review of the Tax Advantages
- Who Should Be Taking Advantage of Roth
- Debt Financed Income
- Prohibited Transactions
- Other Tax and Nontax Considerations
BREAKOUT SESSION B
- Tax, Corporate, Securities, and Accounting Issues
- Financing Sources and Strategies
- Technology and Intellectual Property Rights