We enjoy a reputation for not only meeting, but consistently exceeding the needs and expectations of our lending and finance clients. Our group represents local and national lending institutions, private lenders, businesses, developers, and investors requiring lending and finance services. Our experience in representing both lenders and borrowers provides us with not only the vision, but the unique ability to never lose sight of our goal: to get the loan transaction closed as efficiently and economically as possible.
Our finance lawyers practice in multiple facets of banking and finance law. These areas include but are not limited to: acquisitions, commercial lending, bank litigation, leveraged leasing, and loan workout. Whether we represent a lender or a borrower in a straightforward acquisition, development or construction loan, or we represent a borrower in the negotiation of end and/or conduit financing for a project, we pride ourselves on providing timely and practical results.
Members of the Lending and Finance group work closely with other transactional attorneys in the firm to offer a wide range of services for clients. The group also works closely with the litigation group to identify and resolve any potential litigation issues before they arise.
Our Lending and Finance attorneys also represents residential mortgage companies doing business throughout the country. We advise those companies on compliance with federal and state law, licensing, employment arrangements, joint ventures, affiliated business arrangements, agreements with investors and warehouse lines of credit.
Our group also is instrumental in drafting and negotiating legislation that licenses and regulates mortgage companies in Michigan and regulates the origination of mortgage loans in the state.
Services provided by the lending and finance practice group:
- Advise and counsel clients on the suggested form and structure of proposed loan transactions
- Construction loans
- Counsel clients on the suitability of rate management transactions such as forward rate swaps
- Document and negotiate commercial real estate mortgage loans, including end loans, conduit loans & permanent financing
- Land development loans
- SBA Section 504 lending
- Secured & unsecured commercial loans
- Share loans
- Standby letters of credit
We also represent lenders in loan restructuring and workouts with troubled loans. Services include:
- Discussion & analysis of proposed exit strategies for lenders
- Drafting & negotiation of forbearance agreements & related documentation
- Review & analysis of existing loan documents to identify any priority & perfection issues related to the collateral