TWENTY-FIFTH ANNUAL TAX SYMPOSIUM
November 12, 2016
Registration begins at 8:00 am and a continental breakfast will be served. The presentations will commence at 8:30 am and conclude at 12:30 pm.
4.0 CPE Credit Hours for Certified Public Accountants.
Sheraton Detroit-Novi Hotel
21111 Haggerty Road, Novi, MI 48375
- What Do They Do?
- When Do They Do It?
- How Could They Do This?
- The Basics
- Historic Boardwalk Case – Hogs Get Slaughtered
- The Impact of Revenue Procedure 2014-12
- Who Gets the Picasso and Who Gets the Kaplow
- Valuation and Basis
- Income, Gift, and Estate Tax Considerations
- Exempt Employees: Before and After the New Rule
- Options for Reclassifying Employees as Exempt or Non-Exempt
- Bonus Payments: Implications of Reclassification
- New Laws, Cases and Rulings
- Hot Topics
- Practice Pointers
- How to Handle an IRS Audit for your Client
- Appeals – What is Their Role and Function
- Tax Court or District Court: What is Best for my Client
- The Impact of Social Media in the Workplace
- What Role Does Circular 230 and the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct Play
- The Need for a Social Media Policy Statement
- Types of Benefits
- IRS Testing Requirements
- Health Care Penalties
- Basics of the Subpoena
- CPA Confidentiality – Requirements for the Privileges to Apply
- Steps to Avoid Inadvertent Disclosure of Privileged Information When Responding to a Subpoena and/or Giving Testimony
- Income to the Employee
- Deduction to the Employer
- Provisions in the Shareholder or Operating Agreement to Protect the Employer