Thirty-First Annual Tax Symposium Materials and Video Presentations
November 5, 2022
8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Four CPE credits will be available to CPAs who are eligible.
Due to the COVID-19 Virus and our concern for the health of our participants and staff, this year’s Symposium will be presented virtually. Webinar details will be provided to participants prior to the event.
I Know It When I See It – Valuation Issues
Robert D. Kaplow
- Uses of Valuations
- Valuation Requirements
- Accountant Assistance
Accounting Malpractice Litigation: What You (Hopefully) Never Need to Know
David M. Saperstein
- Retention Agreements and the Statute of Limitations
- Common Liability Issues: Standard of Care and Comparative Fault
- Common Damages Issues: Tax Liability and Interest
Allocation of Purchase Price
Stuart M. Bordman
- Allocation to Personal Goodwill
- Requirements of IRS §1060
- Issues in Completing IRS Form 8594
Roundup of Recent Tax Developments
William E. Sigler
- New Laws, Cases and Rulings
- Hot Topics and Pending Legislation
- Practice Pointers
Tax Treatment of Litigation Windfalls and Losses
Jordan B. Segal
- When are Litigation Recoveries Taxable?
- When are Litigation Losses Deductible?
- Practical Advice for Interfacing with the Litigators
Trust Administration: The Grantor Has Died and You Are Successor Trustee: Now What? (Hint: Call Your Lawyer)
Geoffrey N. Taylor
- What Must You Do?
- What Should You Do?
- What Shouldn’t You Do?
The CPA Privilege and Responding to a Subpoena for Clients’ Tax Returns, Emails and Notes
Rita M. Lauer
- Michigan Law MCLA 339.732 – the Purpose Behind the Statute
- What Information are You Required to Provide?
- How Do You Exercise the Privilege?
A Changing Retirement Plan Environment: Things I Never Thought I’d See
Charles M. Lax
- New IRS Pre-Examination Pilot Program
- Retroactive Adoption of New Retirement Plans
- Update on Cryptocurrency in Retirement Plans
Content provided is informational only and should not be considered legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is created based on the content of any Maddin Hauser materials.