Thirty-First Annual Tax Symposium
November 5, 2022
8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Four CPE credits will be available to CPAs who are eligible.
Due to the COVID-19 Virus and our concern for the health of our participants and staff, this year’s Symposium will be presented virtually. Webinar details will be provided to participants prior to the event.
To register, please scroll to the form at the bottom of the page.
I Know It When I See It – Valuation Issues
Robert D. Kaplow
- Uses of Valuations
- Valuation Requirements
- Accountant Assistance
Accounting Malpractice Litigation: What You (Hopefully) Never Need to Know
David M. Saperstein
- Retention Agreements and the Statute of Limitations
- Common Liability Issues: Standard of Care and Comparative Fault
- Common Damages Issues: Tax Liability and Interest
Allocation of Purchase Price
Stuart M. Bordman
- Allocation to Personal Goodwill
- Requirements of IRS §1060
- Issues in Completing IRS Form 8594
Roundup of Recent Tax Developments
William E. Sigler
- New Laws, Cases and Rulings
- Hot Topics and Pending Legislation
- Practice Pointers
Tax Treatment of Litigation Windfalls and Losses
Jordan B. Segal
- When are Litigation Recoveries Taxable?
- When are Litigation Losses Deductible?
- Practical Advice for Interfacing with the Litigators
Trust Administration: The Grantor Has Died and You Are Successor Trustee: Now What? (Hint: Call Your Lawyer)
Geoffrey N. Taylor
- What Must You Do?
- What Should You Do?
- What Shouldn’t You Do?
The CPA Privilege and Responding to a Subpoena for Clients’ Tax Returns, Emails and Notes
Rita M. Lauer
- Michigan Law MCLA 339.732 – the Purpose Behind the Statute
- What Information are You Required to Provide?
- How Do You Exercise the Privilege?
A Changing Retirement Plan Environment: Things I Never Thought I’d See
Charles M. Lax
- New IRS Pre-Examination Pilot Program
- Retroactive Adoption of New Retirement Plans
- Update on Cryptocurrency in Retirement Plans
Registration for this event is now closed.