Thirty-Second Annual Tax Symposium
November 11, 2023
8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Four CPE credits will be available to CPAs who are eligible.
This year’s Symposium will be presented virtually. Webinar details will be provided to participants prior to the event.
To register, please scroll to the form at the bottom of the page.
A Client Asked Me About Preparing a Federal Estate Tax Return. Pshaw! How Hard Can That Be?
Geoffrey N. Taylor
- Must a return be prepared?
- Should a return be prepared?
- How is a return prepared?
Preparing for the Corporate Transparency Act Regulations
Jordan M. Small
- Who is required to report, and when?
- Conducting an analysis of reporting obligations under the new regulations
- Preparing your clients for the CTA
Forms Which Must Be Prepared by Accountant in Connection With:
Stuart M. Bordman
- Business start up
- Asset sale
- Liquidation and dissolution
Roundup of Recent Tax Developments
William E. Sigler
- New Laws, Cases and Rulings
- Hot Topics and Pending Legislation
- Practice Pointers
Uncapping Events for State Real Property Tax and General Discussion of Appealing Property Taxes
Andrew M. Harris
- A brief overview of Proposal A tax law in Michigan
- How to identify “Uncapping” Events under Proposal A, with a special emphasis on recent trends involving municipalities sending letters informing businesses of unforeseen “Uncapping” Events
- How to avoid these recent “Uncapping” Events
Past Death’s Door – Post Mortem Tax Planning
Robert D. Kaplow
- Tax elections
- Timing of Funding and Distributions
Hot Topics in ERC’s: IRS Guidance and Moratoria
Jordan B. Segal
- IRS guidance and its oversight of ERC vendors
- How to identify the reputable ERC vendors
- Practical effects of IRS moratorium on processing
Use of Non-Compete Clauses in Transactions
Rita M. Lauer
- The purpose of a Non-Compete Clause
- Is a Non-Compete Clause viable and enforceable?
- Reporting the consideration for a Non-Compete on Form 8594
5 Provisions of Secure 2.0 You Need to be Aware of:
Charles M. Lax
- What is SECURE 2.0?
- What are the key changes that your clients and you should be aware of?
- What new planning opportunities are now available?