MARK R. HAUSER, a founder and managing director of the firm, specializes in real estate, partnerships, finance, corporate and business law, taxation, and estate planning.
Mark has more than 50 years of experience dealing with real estate transactions from basic to the most sophisticated, both in size and structure.
Mark and his team have handled many multi-state, multi-property acquisition/disposition and financing transactions. His clients include both local and national real estate investors and developers. He has extensive experience in the manufactured home industry, both in investing and advising clients.
Mark has also managed acquisitions, dispositions, and mergers of all types of businesses, including chains of supermarkets, drug stores, and newspapers.
A 1964 graduate of the University of Michigan, Mark earned his Juris Doctor degree, magna cum laude, from Wayne State University in 1967 where he served as a senior editor of the Wayne Law Review. A member of the Real Estate, Business Law & Taxation Sections of the State Bar of Michigan, Mark has lectured at professional seminars for attorneys and accountants on real estate and tax-related issues.
Mark was named Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers® 2018 Detroit Real Estate Law. Since 1999, he has been continually selected by his peers for inclusion in the annual edition of Best Lawyers in America® in the area of real estate law and in the Michigan edition of Super Lawyers® since 2007. DBusiness Magazine named him a Top Lawyer. Mark also has been recognized as a Michigan Leading Lawyer and listed in Chambers USA.
He is past president of the United Jewish Foundation of Metropolitan Detroit, and has served as a national vice chairman and member of the executive committee of Jewish Federations of North America.
- Acted as counsel for client as borrower in $150,000,000 nonrecourse refinance of multiple property multi-state portfolio with life insurance company
- Acted as lead counsel for client in acquisition of portfolio of 71 manufactured home communities in multiple states secured by $600,000,000 plus CMBS nonrecourse mortgage package in multiple loan pools
- Has handled many multi-state portfolio refinancings with Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, covering manufactured home communities & apartment projects
- Assisted clients in deferred & reverse 1031 exchanges
- Counseled clients regarding syndications of apartment projects & manufactured home communities
- Assisted borrower clients in workout with special servicers of defaulted CMBS loans
- Counseled clients regarding recapitalization of real estate limited partnerships and LLCs
- Acted as counsel for clients in multiple HUD refinancings of apartment projects
- Counseled client in development and financing of three senior independent/assisted living facilities on continuum of care campuses & subsequent sale thereof