HARVEY R. HELLER, shareholder, serves as managing director of the Firm’s Executive Committee and chairman of our Defense and Insurance Coverage group. He is the creator of our Result Focused Case Management System®
Harvey graduated with honors from Michigan State University and is a cum laude graduate of Detroit College of Law.
An active litigator, Harvey is a member of the Michigan State Bar Foundation Fellows and the Michigan Defense Trial Council. He is also a member of the American Bar Association Standing Committee on Lawyers’ Professional Liability. Harvey has authored articles on professional liability and has been a featured speaker at professional liability seminars.
Since 2006, Harvey’s peers have continually selected him for inclusion in the Michigan edition of Super Lawyers®. Since 2003, his peers have regularly chosen him for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America® in the areas of insurance law and legal malpractice law—defendants.
Harvey enjoys the added distinction of being recognized as the Best Lawyers® 2015 Detroit “Lawyer of the Year” for insurance law and the 2019 Detroit “Lawyer of the Year” for legal Malpractice Law—Defendants. Lawyer of the Year is bestowed on those in high-profile legal specialties in large legal communities. Only a single lawyer, who has earned high ratings in peer review surveys and a high level of respect among peers in a specialty in each community, receives this recognition.
In addition, DBusiness Magazine named Harvey among its Top Lawyers, a peer-review list honoring excellence in 50 legal practice areas. He also has been recognized as a Michigan Leading Lawyer and named to Michigan Lawyers Weekly’s 2021 Hall of Fame.
Clients have shared these comments about Harvey and his team:
- “Harvey and his team take the time to discuss matters and explain them in a way that the listener understands. They do not speak above people. They are extremely prompt in returning calls and are very in tune with clients’ needs and expectations. Harvey has the unique ability to see a case for its ultimate exposure very quickly so that matters can be resolved quickly.”
- “Harvey Heller has a no-nonsense approach to law and to life. He always knows what the bottom line is. He takes the most direct route to the solution and gets great results. Harvey also surrounds himself with good people. People who think like he does and who want to excel at their jobs and in their personal lives.”
- “Harvey’s most important attribute is his ability to see the human side of business deals. Harvey has great insights into the thought process of a plaintiff and what it might take to resolve a dispute. Further, he can break through the ego, pride and self-dealing of the parties to encourage a settlement which brings all sides together. He has a great ability to act as a deal maker, and to try a case when needed.”
- “Harvey is a natural leader and communicator. People respect his opinion and judgment. “
- “Harvey exhibits diligence, common sense, analytical skills and the ability to communicate at all levels. In addition, he is humorous when needed and sober when serious thought is required. He has the unique ability to handle whatever comes his way. On top of that, he has the ability to tie a perfect bow tie!”
- “Harvey has the ability to always cut to the chase and see the forest for the trees.”