MARK R. HAUSER is a founder and Managing Director of the firm who specializes in the areas of real estate, partnerships, finance, corporate and business law, taxation and estate planning. He has over 52 years of experience dealing with real estate transactions varying from basic to the most sophisticated, both in size and structure, as well as all other types of business transactions.
Mark Hauser and his team at Maddin Hauser have handled numerous multi-state, multi-property acquisition/disposition and financing transactions. His clients include both local and national real estate investors and developers. Mr. Hauser has extensive experience in the manufactured home industry, both in investing and advising clients. Mark has also handled acquisitions, dispositions and mergers of all types of businesses including chains of supermarkets, drug stores, and newspapers.
A 1964 graduate of the University of Michigan, he obtained his Juris Doctor magna cum laude from Wayne State University in 1967 where he served as a senior editor of the Wayne Law Review. A member of the Real Estate, Business Law & Taxation Sections of the State Bar of Michigan, Mr. Hauser has lectured at numerous professional seminars for attorneys and accountants on real estate and tax-related issues.
Mr. Hauser has been named the Best Lawyers® 2018 Detroit Real Estate Law "Lawyer of the Year."
He has been continuously selected by his peers for inclusion in the annual edition of Best Lawyers in America®
since 1999 in the area of real estate law
and the Michigan edition of Super Lawyers®
since 2007, and named as a Top Lawyer by DBusiness Magazine
. Mr. Hauser has also been recognized as a Michigan Leading Lawyer and listed in Chambers USA
. He is a past President of the United Jewish Foundation of Metropolitan Detroit, and has served as a National Vice Chairman and member of the Executive Committee of Jewish Federations of North America.
- Acted as counsel for client as borrower in $150,000,000 nonrecourse refinance of multiple property multistate portfolio with life insurance company.
- Acted as lead counsel for client in acquisition of portfolio of 71 manufactured home communities in multiple states secured by $600,000,000 plus CMBS nonrecourse mortgage package in multiple loan pools.
- Has handled numerous multistate portfolio refinancings with Freddie Mac and with Fannie Mae, covering manufactured home communities and apartment projects.
- Assisted clients in numerous deferred and reverse 1031 exchanges.
- Counseled clients in connection with syndications of apartment projects and manufactured home communities.
- Assisted borrower clients in workout with special servicers of defaulted CMBS loans.
- Counseled clients in connection with recapitalization of real estate limited partnerships and LLC’s.
- Acted as counsel for clients in multiple HUD financings of apartment projects.
- Counseled client in development and financing of three senior independent/ assisted living facilities on continuum of care campuses and the subsequent sale thereof.
WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY, Detroit, Michigan, Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, 1967, Senior Editor, Wayne State Law Review, 1966-1967
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN, Ann Arbor, Michigan, B.A., 1964
STATE BAR OF MICHIGAN
OAKLAND COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION