Thirteenth Annual Tax Symposium
October 16, 2004
- What Do You Have to Sell?
- How Much is it Worth?
- Who Are the Potential Buyers?
- Plan Now or Pay Later
- The Ways and Means
Incentives for Real Estate Developers
- Low Income Housing Tax Credits
- Federal and Michigan Historic Credits
- Michigan Brownfield Credits
- Watch Out for Those Tax Avoidance Transactions
- Professional Responsibility for Tax Professionals
- New Programs to Ensure Compliance
Fixing Defects in Your Retirement Plan: How to Take it to the Repair Shop
- General Information on the EPCRS
- Identifying the Types of Errors That Can Be Corrected
- The Error Correction Process from Error to Submission to Re-Qualification
The IRS Claims I Owe Them Money, What Do I Do?
- The Ability to Enter into an Installment Agreement
- Is Innocent Spouse Relief Available?
- The Use of an Offer in Compromise
• How to Use for Client’s Advantage
• Typical Provisions
• The Maddin, Hauser, Wartell, Roth & Heller, P.C. “GREAT” Trust
- Why Family LLCs are Used in Estate Planning
- How the Courts Have Treated Family LLCs
- Structure of a Successful Family LLC
- What is a SCIN?
- Private Annuity vs SCIN?
- Estate of Costanza – A Great New Case!
Keeping the Family Cabin in the Family
- Creating a Master Plan
- Transfers from the Senior to the Junior Generations • Ongoing Management of the Cabin